“Flower Bed ” acrylic on watercolor paper 12″ x 16″
I finally finished this painting. I’ve decided to title it “Flower Bed”. This doe had her fawn about one hundred yards behind my house. I kind of got tired of painting flowers so I think my next painting will just have a lot of rocks in it. 🙂
I’ve still been working on the background; adding more layers of vegetation and trying to balance the colors and lighting. Getting ready to start on the foreground, now. I’m still not quite sure what I’m going to do with it.
This is the fourth post on my Painting in Progress. I’m working on creating a balance of color with the native wildflowers; purple Lupine, yellow Arrowleaf Balsamroot, and red Indian Paintbrush. As I come forward in layers I create higher contrast in the foliage to bring it into focus. I may add a rock or two with lichen or I may just continue to bunch the wildflowers around the subjects; I haven’t decided, yet.
I got the idea for this painting of a doe and her newborn fawn. I’m thinking of painting various native wildflowers in a natural bouquet. I’ve started with this sketch painting. I’ll post more pictures as the painting progresses.